Based in the heart of Dublin’s Silicon Docks (Dublin 2), our client has been at the forefront in changing the internet and online technologies as we know it.
They require a Technical Writer with 6-10 years’ experience in a similar role (Technical Writer/ Informational Developer/ Content Developer) to join them, initially on an 11 Month Contract to work as a data center technical writer which will involve tasks such as managing documentation projects and writing procedures, technical guides, policies, standards and training modules, etc. With a unique cross-functional perspective.
Job Reference: BBBH 14345
What will a Technical Writer Do?
- Conduct independent research and work with internal / external global teams to produce or revise documentation that follows the company’s high standards and is easily understood by the intended audience.
- Work with management to organize existing documentation, identify deficiencies, and prioritize solutions.
- Obtain information by interviewing and collaborating with Data Center Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams.
- Scope and manage documentation projects to ensure that data center problems are identified and resolved quickly, that quality services are delivered, and that internal customer demands are met.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- BA / BS degree
- 6-10 years’ experience in a similar role (Technical Writer/ Informational Developer/ Content Developer).
- Business fluency in English. Additional languages such as Finnish/ Danish/ Norwegian/ Swedish/ French/ Spanish would be good to have but are not a necessity
- Proven experience within a global company environment
- Proven experience of planning, researching, and writing documents as well as designing the structure of documentation sets
- Demonstrated experience of writing about engineering and technology topics in American English
- Experience with content management concepts and systems
- Experience in process improvement and project management
- Understanding of data center life cycles would be an advantage – Passionate attention to detail
- Outstanding writing, editing & proofreading ability in English
- **** Portfolio must be provided as a link on CV or attached as a separate document
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to all onsite facilities such as free food and beverages, onsite swimming pool and gym
- Tax Saver Travel tickets
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.