Strategic Sourcing (IT Procurement) Manager
Based in the heart of Dublin’s Silicon Docks (Dublin 2), our client has been at the forefront in changing the internet and online technologies as we know it.
They require a Strategic Sourcing (IT Procurement) Manager with 5 years’ experience in Procurement/ Sourcing with solid experience within a global organisation, initially on a 7-month contract to assist them in selecting and getting great deals with suppliers to enable them to develop and scale products – fast
Job Reference: BBBH 15874
What will a Strategic Sourcing (IT Procurement) Manager do?
- Network across the company. Build strong relationship with stakeholders and develop IT sourcing strategies which help support their business.
- Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with teams across the globe to speed up innovation.
- Know the supply market (or have the research skills to be able to come up to speed quickly) – to educate stakeholders and make better decisions.
- Manage robust supplier selection processes – using market analysis, concise Request for Proposals, eAuctions and a data driven approach.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 5 years plus experience in Procurement/ Sourcing with solid experience within a global organisation
- Proven project and process improvement skills (evidence needed on CV) with strong documentation skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with suppliers
- Ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a keen eye for detail
- Very high level of fluency in spoken and written English
- MBA degree
- Experience in Supplier Sourcing and eAuctions
- Quick learner with interest in understanding and applying global supplier best practices.
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to all onsite facilities such as free food and beverages, onsite swimming pool and gym
- Tax Saver Travel tickets
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.