Senior Engineering Manager (ML & AI)
Permanent job based in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Excellent salary level (plus generous benefits including health, pension and bonus)
Job Reference: BBBH17759
Allen Recruitment is assisting a major International “Fortune 500”, multi-billion-dollar company source an experienced Senior Engineering Manager with expertise building and delivering Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence solutions (and leading Software Engineers in the process).
This is a leadership role on a brand-new team based in Dublin City Centre, focused on developing a new, cutting-edge analytic platform and deploying advanced machine learning models. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be tasked with driving key, strategic ML / AI projects.
- Provide leadership and direction across multiple layers of management and senior level software engineers
- Drive and support the technology roadmap using modern stack technologies and constantly reviewing evolving solutions for new direction and enhancement opportunities
- Drive the growth of a large group of Information Technology professionals supporting development projects and programs in a large matrixed organization
- Provide regular project and organizational communications as well as attending informational meetings to keep staff, colleagues, senior management, external and internal clients apprised of major activities, developments, accomplishments and issues
- Build and sustain a high-performing organization including; recruitment, retention, performance management, recognition and related human capital activities
- Develop plans to meet short and long-term objectives, monitoring and ensuring quality results
- Resolve conflicts and barriers as they arise and take proactive steps to ensure organizational alignment, cohesion and support
- Escalate issues related to project outcomes to senior management as needed along with insight on recommended resolutions
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
Required Skills & Education:
- Degree in Computer Science (required). An additional qualification in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Optimization or related discipline (highly desirable)
- Software development expertise in a mix of the following languages (Python, R, Java, C++, Scala or other object-oriented languages)
- Working Knowledge of Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar frameworks (highly desired)
- Real commercial experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Speech AI, Natural Language Understanding, Deep Learning, Classical AI (search and planning), Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Statistics, Causal Inference
- Test Driven Design & implementation delivering automated tests alongside code (unit, integration, performance)
- Test Dashboard creation, monitoring, alerting
- Micro services / SOA / componentized design, development & architectural best practices
- Strong software design and architecture skills with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- API Design Patterns & Implementation, SDK Development
- Experience developing & delivering applications within a CI / CD & Agile driven environment & associated best Practices
- Experience working with Dev/Model Ops
- Strong Communication & Collaboration skills
This is an excellent leadership role within a world class company building cutting edge Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence platforms and solutions.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040