Senior Python Developer (Lead Level)
Permanent job based in Dublin City Centre (Dublin 2), Ireland
Excellent salary level and an attractive benefits package
Job Reference: BBBH16994
Allen Recruitment is working with a technology software development house whose platform and applications are utilised by a growing number of high-profile global multinational companies in the Technology, Telecoms, Pharma and Financial Services sectors.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit additional Software Developers for their expanding development team here in Dublin.
Right now, they have an opportunity for a lead level Python Developer with expertise in Backend / Server-side development. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a real “product development” tech company as they work to build out a new version of their established platform from the ground up. Successful applicants can expect to be working on complex technical challenges utilising new technologies while working with large datasets in real-time.
While this Python Developer will be working in an Agile Scrum team environment, the person will be the first Python Development resource on the team, so will need to technically very strong – self-sufficient, and able to QA/test their own code. This Python Developer will ideally be a senior level developer keen to step up into a lead level role (it is expected there will be additional Python Developers added to the team over time).
- 7+ years Python Development experience working on software products
- Expertise in unit testing and integration testing (person needs to be able to QA/Test their own code)
- Experience with Data Modelling, REST API interactions
- Experience tuning and diagnosing performance issues with relational databases
- Experience working in a Linux environment is essential
- Some exposure to RabbitMQ is an advantage (not essential)
- Some experience of Ruby / Ruby on Rails is an advantage (not essential)
- An interest in Elixir and functional programming (again, not essential)
- Proficient in code versioning tools (preferably Git, GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience working in a fast-moving Kanban and/or Agile software production environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting technology company in Dublin City Centre.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040