Senior Network Engineer
Our client is an IT services company that require an experienced Senior Network Engineer for their office in Shannon.
The successful candidate will be working on the clients Networks division supporting their European branch network, initially on an 18 month contract.
Suitable applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in LAN & WAN infrastructure.
Job Reference: BBBH 17476
What will a Senior Network Engineer do?
- Will be working on the clients Networks division supporting their European branch network.
- Responsible for supporting existing production environment, performing installations, and troubleshooting network issues
- Investigate and deploy new LAN/WAN networking technologies, as appropriate, to address the connectivity and performance requirements.
- Utilize standard methodologies to elevate the level of service and deliver increased productivity to the Business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years working experience in LAN & WAN infrastructure
In-depth experience in corporate LAN/WAN technologies & topologies, including, but not limited to, the following:
- LAN & WAN protocols (BGP, OSPF, RIP & EIGRP) is essential
- Range of Cisco technologies
- Cisco Nexus and UCS, Multilayer Switching is essential as a requirement.
- Good troubleshooting skills on vPC, VSS, HA, VRF etc
- Gateway firewalls Checkpoint & CISCO
- Ethernet, MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay & VPN Deployment and Core troubleshooting knowledge
- SSL deployment and Security Appliances (IPS, IDS)
- Wireless LAN, Wireless IPS setup and monitoring
- Voice and Video over IP deployment, DHCP Services
- Multicast network deployment
- Network Designing experience with rollout planning
- Good understanding of QoS deployment.
- Proven experience in designing, planning and implementing technical upgrades and migration strategies
- Experience with network management tools such as Compuware, SolarWinds & SNMP
- Experience in implementing & supporting VoIP over WAN & LAN
- Work outside of core business hours to implement network changes
- Will be required to be part of Network on-call team and provide technical support outside of core business hours
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.