Oracle Development DBA
Our client is a multinational leader in the development of software products, remaining as one of the world’s top software and service providers with clients based in 42 countries globally. They are currently looking for a talented Oracle Database Administrator to join them in their Vancouver office.
Job Reference: BBBH 15988
They require an Oracle Database Administrator with 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience in design, development, and database performance with Oracle 11g as the minimum on Windows and Linux/Unix platforms. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and exciting Irish software company on permanent basis.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience in design, development, and database performance with Oracle 11g as the minimum on Windows and Linux/Unix platforms
- 5+ years of Oracle RAC experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an IT development team
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Oracle database configuration and administration, performance diagnosis / solution implementation, preventative maintenance tasks and bulk data transfer methods
What will a Devlopment DBA do?
- Become familiar with current database schemas
- Maintain the database schema for the product range with the generation of database migration scripts, maintenance scripts, etc
- Provide maintenance, recovery, and tuning of several thousand remote customer databases along with dozens of internal and hosted databases
- Act as a mentor for their support engineers using Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL best practices
- 4 weeks’ holidays per annum.
- Light lunch daily – free canteen.
- Excellent working environment, including regular social events.
After six months of employment:
- Life assurance
- Permanent Health (Long-term Disability) Insurance.
- Employee share scheme.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040