Junior Production Support Engineer
Our client is on a mission is to build highly available, scalable betting & trading technology. With offices in Cork, Guernsey, London and Toronto they provide this technology as part of a Group that has the vision of becoming the world’s largest sports betting trading company.
They require a Junior Production Support Engineer with a relevant third level qualification(s)
And experience working with java-based web servers and applications. This is a permanent opportunity in Cork city centre with great scope to progress and grow within the company.
This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a multi-billion-dollar industry with an excellent career path.
Job Reference Number: BBBH 17498
What will a Junior Production Support Engineer Do?
- Production Support of all platforms developed and operated by the company.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and resolve within expected SLA
- Escalate high priority issues to infrastructure or application teams
- Work on backlog of lower priority tickets
- Effectively communicate to internal and external customers
- Excellent documentation skills, issue description/resolution, best practices etc.
- Work a shift-pattern to provide extended coverage
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Relevant third level qualification(s)
- Experience working with java-based web servers and applications
- Experience working with Linux environments required
- Experience with relational database systems e.g. Oracle, MySql
- Hands-on proficiency in scripting languages e.g. Shell scripting, Perl
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL.
- Experience using Atlassian tools or similar ticketing/collaboration tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in Ireland
- Excellent written and spoken English
What are the Benefits?
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free Food and Fresh Fruit Available
Still Interested in this opportunity?
Upload your CV through our APPLY link and once clicked you will be able to upload your CV and enter contact details. We will review CV’s within 24 hours and respond to suitable candidates ASAP.
We have sample CV templates and CV tips, which the recruiter will be happy to share with you!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +44 330 335 1710.