JAVA Software Engineer (API Rules Engine Development)
Permanent job based in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Excellent salary level (plus generous benefits including health, pension and bonus)
Job Reference: BBBH16869
Allen Recruitment is assisting a major International “Fortune 500”, multi-billion-dollar company source a small number of experienced Java Developers with commercial experience building out API Rules Engines, to join a new team here in their established Dublin City Centre software development operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Java Developers (with 4-6 years’ experience) who are looking for a new career challenge building cutting edge software solutions within a high-profile world-class company which places a lot of emphasis on positive company culture and work/life balance.
Successful applicants will work within the business along-side technical and operations team members to design, develop, test and deploy a new Rules Engine to be used to support online search and directories applications via APIs and/or Kafka streams in standards formats.
- Using best practices for code development and deployment, including automated testing, CI/CD, and DevOps integration
- Will be expected to maintain requirements and playbook documentation for the applications developed
- Support application(s) in the production environment and ensures application SLAs around performance and availability are being met
- Work closely with back-end teams and service integration layers to integrate into larger systems and platforms
- Explore innovative methods and technologies to further the initiatives of the company
Essential Skills / Education:
- Degree educated in a relevant computer science or related discipline
- Expertise in latest JAVA Development tools and standards
- Good API development experience
Additional Desired Skills:
- API testing tools (SOAP UI, Postman, etc.)
- API access control and authorization methods (OAuth2, JWT, etc.)
- Automated testing frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, etc)
- GitHub or similar Code Versioning applications
- Some experience of Jenkins or similar applications for building CI/CD pipelines
A Mix of the following (Desired):
- Experience with API logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Experience with OpenShift or similar Cloud Platforms
- Experience with business rules management systems (Drools, Red Hat Decision Manager, IBM Operational Decision Manager, FICO Blaze, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Kafka and streaming architectures
- Experience with NoSQL Data Stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, etc.)
- Experience with graph database technology (Neo4j, Tigergraph, Orient DB, etc)
- Experience with Scala/Spark
These are fantastic career opportunities within a new team which is part of an established, mature operation here in Dublin City Centre.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040