Information Security Engineer
(Perm OR Day rate Contract)
Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Job Ref: BBBH13604
Allen Recruitment are assisting an International company with an established Software Development Centre in Dublin source an experienced “Information Security Engineer” for their operation.
Reporting into C-Level, suitable applicants will be experienced Information Security Engineers with extensive experience in the research, design, analysis, testing and implementation of complex info security technologies.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, studying architecture/platform and identity integration issues.
- Design and deploy information security project deliverables on time (to required quality to support service-based security goals).
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify and solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Provide engineering support for all preventative and detective security technologies (such as malware detection, network access controls, web/email content filtering, SIEM response, intrusion detection and vulnerability management).
- Partner with enterprise architecture, security architect, IT and business stakeholders to consult on broader firm wide initiatives that require security consulting expertise.
- Work with senior stakeholders to define requirements and prototype solutions to support the enterprise information security roadmap.
- Partner with the desktop services team to support the communication, deployment, and ongoing resolution of issues associated with security technologies and security incidents.
- Partner with Dev team to design/implement a Secure SDLC program to advance security principles.
- Understanding of network protocols
- Understanding major Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Application Security testing technologies and common application vulnerabilities (OWASP)
- Understand indicators of compromise / targeted cyber-attack
- Knowledge of DLP (Data Loss Prevention) technologies
- Knowledge of IDS (Intrusion Detection System) technologies
- Knowledge of web filtering and proxy technologies
- Knowledge of vulnerability management best practices
- Knowledge of common scripting languages (i.e. VB, Python, PowerShell, BASH, Perl etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile development, Secure Software Development Life Cycle
- Degree educated in a relevant computer science discipline.
- 10+ years of information technology experience required.
- 5+ years of active directory / LDAP experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the configuration, testing, deployment and management of enterprise security software technologies.
- Certifications (such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCCC, GCED, GPPA, etc.)
This is a fantastic career opportunity to work within an International company in growth mode.
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!