External Communications Manager
Based in London, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They are looking for a External Communications Manager with 3+ years of experience in a fast paced public relations role either with agency or in house.
Initially on a 12-month contract, you will be a media hound, who can build relationships with UK reporters and help ensure that articles are factually correct and include company comments. You will learn quickly and become well versed in our client’s Community Standards in order to liaise with internal teams on media enquiries relating to content and in order to articulate our client’s complex and nuanced policies to reporters on a daily basis.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 19586
What will an External Communications Manager do?
- Work in a busy reactive press office, handling complex and sensitive issues which require prioritisation, cross-team input and internal management.
- Be on the front line talking to media, responding to enquiries, drafting comments, monitoring coverage and social media.
- Liaise with internal teams across EMEA and globally to build media responses.
- Work with PR agency on media enquiries.
- Help pitch positive stories about products and proactive initiatives; either local initiatives or tailoring news coming from our client that require careful positioning for a UK audience, across national, broadcast, consumer and trade press.
- Prepare briefing materials and draft op-eds and posts.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced public relations role, agency or in house with experience in tech preferred.
- Proven ability to deal with journalists on sensitive topics, manage headlines, respond to press inquiries.
- Strong understanding of the UK media landscape.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +443303351710.