- Our client is a multinational leader in the development of software products, remaining as one of the world’s top software and service providers with clients based in 42 countries globally. With Irish offices based in Dublin 15, this company continue to grow and expand their dynamic team.
- They require a Database Developer 3+ years of solid, commercial Oracle DBA experience in design, development and database performance with Oracle 11g. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and exciting Irish software company on permanent basis.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 3+ years of solid, commercial Oracle DBA experience in design, development and database performance with Oracle 11g as the minimum on Windows and Linux/Unix platforms;
- 5+ years’ experience writing PL/SQL programs in a development capacity;
- 5+ years’ experience working in an IT development team;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL and experience with SQL tuning
- Experience with Oracle database configuration and administration;
- Experienced with preventative maintenance tasks and performance diagnosis / solution implementation;
- Familiar with bulk data transfer methods.
What will a Database Developer do?
- Become familiar with current database schemas;
- Maintain the database schema for the product range with the generation of database migration scripts, maintenance scripts etc;
- Develop programs and processes (primarily PL/SQL) to perform functions such as evaluate, transform, extract, or import data
- Provide maintenance, recovery, tuning of several thousand remote customer databases along with dozens of internal and hosted databases;
- Act as a mentor for their support engineers using Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- 4 weeks’ holidays per annum.
- Light lunch daily – free canteen.
- Excellent working environment, including regular social events.
After six months of employment:
- Life assurance
- Permanent Health (Long-term Disability) Insurance.
- Employee share scheme.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040