Senior Software Test Engineer – 12-month contract – Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with 5-7 years Software Development Experience join them on a 12-month contract in Dublin.
This position will be responsible for the delivery of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration).
Job Reference: BBBH19603
As a Senior Software Test Engineer you will:
- Help to develop frameworks and configurations; reviews analysis to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Author automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation and API testing.
- Work within development teams to build automated testing within the context of each sprint / delivery.
- Regression / integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment.
- Highlight and identify any testing gaps and work with Test / Development teams to resolve them.
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by end user.
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
- Track testing progress and defects via Rally.
- Raises process improvement opportunities, defines and implements simple automation efforts, and documents automated testing solutions.
- Assists in the evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities.
- Work in an agile environment, attend daily stand up calls and give daily status reports and call out any issues or blockers that may delay release delivery.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 5-7 years Software Development Experience.
- Strong Java coding experience.
- API experience.
- Strong Jenkins experience.
- Experience working in an Agile / SAFe environment.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation and integrate with Continuous. integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
- Kafka / A-synchronous messaging.
Perks of the Job:
- Building application providing services to global clients, high security, high availability, high performance – need for top team to deliver the product and service to the clients, so will be working at high level and brand new technologies.
- Good team that works well together.
- Brand new commerce project.
- Working with senior stakeholders.
- 100% automation testing.
- Microservices on cloud.
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide, they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to its customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Do you have all of the above? Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Software Engineer in Test? Do you like the idea of working for a company who always working with the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +3531694040.