Our client, a global leader in the alcohol industry, require a Laboratory Technician with 2+ years of experience in relevant range of molecular techniques to join their expanding team in Dublin.
You will conduct practical work within the Microbiology department possibly extending to some wet chemistry tasks depending on need.
This role will initially be on a 6month contract.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 19493
Your role will involve:
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005 and to implement appropriate safety procedures in the Laboratory.
- Undertaking day to day effective, accurate and efficient processing of workload in the Microbiology Lab and to perform tasks assigned by the team manager.
- Carry out brewing analysis of Routine and Project/Trial samples to support various projects.
- Sorting and recording of information onto the system.
- Handling and preparing samples for various tests according to documented Microbiology procedures, including attention to sample preparation, temperature control, storage and prevention of cross-contamination. Testing will include membrane filtration, qualitative testing for aerobes/anaerobes, hygiene assessments, and identification of particulates.
- Assist with sample disposal and general cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate and systematic records of testing.
- Undertake general administration duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in relevant range of molecular techniques required
- Knowledge of or experience in brewing or fermentation desirable
- Microbiology based Science degree preferred
- Proven experience working in accordance with Good Lab Practice for Microbiology
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.