Systems Administrator – Contract – €450 per day – Belgium
Based in Brussels, our client is a global leader in consulting and digital transformation, specialising in hi-tech transactional services, unified communications, cloud, big data and cybersecurity services.
They require a Systems Administrator to join them on a day rate rolling contract basis, initial contract to the end of the year. You will have 3+ years of Systems Administration experience.
This will be a remote based role. You will administer and maintain specific infrastructure used for internal needs.
Job Reference: BBBH 19373
What will a Systems Administrator do?
- DNS server configuration for servers hosted locally or in cloud.
- Installation of new servers/services for operational needs.
- Backup/restore management of local and cloud servers.
- Administration and maintenance of local ticketing and collaborative tools (osTicket, Jira, TFS).
- General support for IT issues not treated by (infrastructure/software related).
- Follow up of IT incidents/requests.
- Backup and support the official IRM in daily tasks.
- Support the purchase and maintenance of IT equipment and services, in particular give recommendations for the selection of technical solutions of hardware and software.
- Contribution to the documentation of procedures and best practices for patch management, virus management and operating system upgrades for servers that are not covered.
- Development and maintenance of the installation and configuration procedures.
- Support colleagues in use of collaborative tools (wiki/SharePoint/teams).
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 3 years+ Systems Administration experience.
- Good knowledge of Commission IT Infrastructure (ITIC LSA experience is a plus)
- Good knowledge of cloud hosting solutions (AZURE/AWS)
- Advanced knowledge on Windows (Windows Server 2016) and Linux (Cent OS/Red Hat) Server OS
- Good knowledge on IT Networks (LAN, Smoothwall firewall, reverse proxy)
- Advanced knowledge with Virtualisation tools (VMWare ESXI, vCenter, vSphere)
- Good knowledge in scripting (vbscript, PowerShell, bash)
- Good knowledge on Oracle DB/SQL/mariaDB
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Office 2019/Microsoft 365 suite).
- Good expertise on telework/Web conference (Pulse secure, VPN, Web conference (Skype, Teams, Zoom, WebEx, etc.).
- Experience with ticketing systems (HP Service Center, osTicket and Jira mainly).
- Languages: Good spoken and written knowledge of English and French (min. B2).
Role selling points:
- Weekly payment terms.
- Online Timesheets.
- Automatic online self-bill invoicing.
- Online contracts.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040