Senior System Security Engineer
Our client a leading, international internet services provider is looking to hire a Senior System Security Engineer to join their expanding team in Dublin 4.
In this role, you will ensure our client’s security services/applications are running normally, optimizing the deployment and monitoring of critical security systems across public cloud environment’s. This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team and build your skills and grow your career in a rapidly expanding office.
You will have 5+ years’ experience either as a Systems Security Engineer, or in the Cloud Security domain.
This role will initially be on a 12-month contract with a view to extension or permanency.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 19359
Your role will involve:
- Manage selected Security Services, providing protection at different layers of the stack (including app-level, host level etc) participate in deployments, and work to help ensure their scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency.
- Develop and deliver timely reports on security service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems,
- Design and deploy security big data analysis models, explore potential attack methods, and quickly, accurately, and automatically discover security events.
- Work closely with the CISO and SRE Engineers to assess Mobile service protection levels, identify security risks, and drive continuous improvement in overall security posture.
- Handle security incidents and alerts in a timely manner and provide cyber security assurance for key business activities.
- On-call support may be required (1 week per 3 months on average or less)
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience either as a Systems Security Engineer, or in the Cloud Security domain. ·
- Knowledgeable of cloud computing security architecture, and familiar with internet security protection, PCI, ISO, and other certification processes.
- Familiarity with Risk Management , and governance, in a DevOps environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security Engineering/Computer Science/Telecommunications or equivalent, with at least.
- Have a good command of the Linux operating system, application middleware, and network. technologies. Be familiar with the common scripting language Python, and be able to use the related languages to compile scripting tools.
- Experience in ISO/CSA audits, and in conducting audit walkthroughs and preparation
- Previous experience as a SysSec Engineer in a mobile service provider
- Deep experience managing Linux and/or databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience in network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
- A very competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Superb Dublin City location close to all amenities and transport.
- Laptop, mobile etc.
- Plus other usual benefits.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.