Systems Engineer (App Packaging in Linux/AIX)
Based in Luxembourg, our client is a global leader in consulting and digital transformation, specialising in hi-tech transactional services, unified communications, cloud, big data, and cybersecurity services.
They require a Systems Engineer (App Packaging in Linux/AIX) to join them to help install, configure, industrialize Unix software (Linux and AIX) while ensuring compliance with customer standards for our client.
This is a contract role, on a rolling contract, initial contract to the end of the year.
The successful candidate with be onboarded and working remotely until further notice.
Job Reference: BBBH 19349
Role and Responsibilities overview:
- Participate in the definition of the target architecture and integrate these packages in the information system according to the decisions taken.
- Provide non-production and production support for this software.
- Take charge of incidents concerning packages under the responsibility of the squad, investigate and resolve them (including performance problems), coordinate corrective actions if necessary.
- Write and maintain technical documentation in order to guarantee the proper use of solutions implemented.
- Put the packages into production while respecting change management procedures.
- Participate in quarterly releases.
- Take charge of requests sent to the squad via the JIRA tool and ensure the follow-up of the backlog.
- Ensure the migration of the packages from an old continuous deployment platform based on Harvest / Ant / Jenkins to a new platform based on GIT / Maven / CA Release Automation.
- Participate in the definition of migration standards to the client cloud and carry out these migrations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Minimum Bac + 3 diploma
- Mastery of application deployments under WebSphere and Tomcat application servers: configuration, connectivity management (basics data, middleware), security
- Mastery of the Linux work environment (RedHat 7.x), in-depth knowledge of the system is a plus
- Experience in defining the architecture of a complete technical solution
- Expertise in the ” technical incident analysis: Java logs, connection problem to a third party (DB, middleware), firewall opening problem
- Expertise in analyzing performance issues
- Expertise in deploying an application via a continuous deployment platform
- Expertise in deploying containers (docker, kubernetes)
- Expertise in writing ansible playbooks
- Expertise in setting up of schedulated automatic processing, knowledge of Autosys is a plus
- Mastery of shell scripting: bash, SH
- Languages – French and English
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040