Public Policy Manager (Digital Technologies)
Our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with a very creative culture.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely. This role will be based out of our client’s Oslo, Norway office once offices reopen.
They require a Public Policy Manager (Digital Technologies) with 3-5 years’ experience in policy, either in the Internet industry or government/politics.
Joining on a 12-month contract, the successful candidate will monitor legislative and regulatory matters, participate in policy discussions, and support our client’s interactions with policy makers in Norway.
Job Reference: BBBH 19342
What will a Public Policy Manager (Digital Technologies) do?
- Identify, monitor, and analyse policy issues affecting our client in Norway as well as spotting relevant links to issues in the EMEA region.
- Identify proactive strategies to solve policy challenges.
- Engage and build relationships with civil servants, policymakers, and relevant NGOs.
- Represent our client in meetings with government officials and members of Parliament.
- Build coalitions with other organisations to advance our client’s policy goals.
- Design and lead innovative strategies and campaigns to shape the public and political climate of opinion around our client.
- Work with the global team to develop Four client’s policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings.
- Advise internal teams and leadership on local public policy matters to guide the broader development of products, services, and policies.
- Communicate our client’s positions at public events in the region.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 3-5 years’ experience in policy, either in the Internet industry or government/politics, ideally both
- Full fluency in Norwegian and superb written and spoken English required.
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels.
- A track record of writing and delivering position papers, articles, speeches, and presentations on relevant topics.
- Experience managing strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position.
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040