Azure Automation Engineer
Based in Brussels, our client is a global leader in consulting and digital transformation, specialising in hi-tech transactional services, unified communications, cloud, big data and cybersecurity services.
They require extensive knowledge of Azure, including subscription, active directory, container registry, SQL server, storage blob, service bus, AKS, Monitoring, key vault etc to join them on a day rate rolling contract basis. This will be a remote based role.
You will work with the architect and lead developer to create the appropriate automation to not only scale-up when performance is needed, but also scale down as soon as possible.
Job Reference: BBBH 19318
What will an Azure Automation Engineer do?
- Efforts saving in Operations (for the RUN mode/maintenance after the project).
- Automating all aspects from Application (and Platform) Management that can be automated.
- Release new version of software to an environment by a press of a button (by the customer).
- Automated rollback of a release to the previous version in case of unexpected issues in Prod not detected in Test.
- Automated backups and restore scripts.
- Kill/restart services that are not behaving as they should (when service does not respond to health-check and/or triggered by a pattern of events in the logs).
- Scripts to Clean-up / archive old data, wipe temp data.
- Help with setting up the CI/CD pipeline (together with architect and lead developer)
- Setup of monitoring, help create the related dashboards.
- Give guidance to the other developers on what/how to log and check with them how to check ‘health’ of the microservices.
- Minimize the Azure costing/sizing dynamically whilst staying in the SLA’s for performance.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- * Extensive knowledge of Azure, including subscription, active directory, container registry, SQL server, storage blob, service bus, AKS, Monitoring, key vault etc.
- Infra as code with azure provider.
- Keycloak as idp.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040