DevOps Engineer (Puppet) – Contract
Based in Brussels, our client is a global leader in consulting and digital transformation, specialising in hi-tech transactional services, unified communications, cloud, big data and cybersecurity services.
They require an expert in Puppet (3.x, 5.x) and related tools to join them on a day rate rolling contract basis. This will be a remote based role.
You will develop solutions based on puppet ecosystem for provisioning, configuration management, release management etc.
Job Reference: BBBH 19234
What will a DevOps Engineer do?
- Coding / refactoring / testing / automation of existing infrastructure
- Coding / automation for the rollout of new and evolution of software packages
- Participate in and improve the management of the puppet ecosystem
- Coaching of junior employees
- Writing necessary documentation
- Work closely with infrastructure architecture, deployment team, operations team & development teams
- Training stakeholders in puppet-based way of working (development and operations)
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- Fluency in English
- Expert in Puppet (3.x, 5.x) and related tools (provisioning, configuration management)
- Proven experience in puppet coding, testing, best practices on an enterprise scale (? 500 nodes)
- Proven experience in puppet rollout and enterprise scale management (infrastructure as code) across different environments (development, test, acceptance, production)
- Experience using puppet, mcollective / choria for release management, software deployment of in-house developed applications
- Preferably participated in puppet lab training (puppet practitioner or puppet architect) or equivalent through experience
- Notions of continuous delivery pipelines (Jenkins)
- Expert in Linux OS RHEL 7.x, 6.x (or equivalent)
- Preferably knowledge of Git, Elastic search / logstash / kibana, Icinga / Graphite, apache, tomcat, terraform, amazon web services
- Knowledge of VMWare
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040