Senior Test Performance Engineer / Day Rate Contract / 12 Month Contract / Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for a Senior Test Performance Engineer with 5 years experience in Performance Testing plus previous front and backend development experience to join them on a 12 month day rate contract in Dublin, to do support testing on various applications on their Fraud and Security products.
As a Senior Test Performance Engineer you will:
- Create Performance Test Plans for MasterCard products
- Perform release and software patch performance testing of Financial JEE Product Suites
- Execute performance test and analyse performance results
- Provide release-to-release performance baseline metrics to key stakeholders and executives
- Provide application performance recommendations, tuning to development team and collaborate with various stakeholders to implement performance changes in Lower environment to production
- Be part of Shift left and performance automation, CI /CD pipeline delivery
- Taking part in Production TRT sessions to resolve performance related issue in Production
- Collaborate with various stake holder to priorities performance activities and participate in PI planning session to grasp performance key items
- Performance tests creation, tests methodology and tests strategy development
- Production pro-active monitoring and data mining to identify key customers trends and potential performance risk
· Perform JEE Code reviews/code profiling to assure code is adhering to best
· performance practices and assist with performance related problem
- Provide consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best performance and make sure the correct performance architecture and software design patterns are being followed.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ year experience in application performance testing and performance engineering
- Good working knowledge of Java, Springboot, REST
- Tune Apache, WebSeals, JBoss/Websphere application and Linux/Aix servers for best performance.
- Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
- Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression, CDNs, etc.
- Linux and Unix
- Understanding of how apps use CPU memory, how to troubleshoot CPU and memory issues
- Understanding of loading issues
Ideally you will also:
- Experience with performance/load tests tools like Jmeter, Gatling, LoadRunner
- Good working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Good in writing performance report and recommendation
- Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of JEE products/platforms.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion.
- Good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns
Perks of the Job:
- Good insight into the Fraud industry – always new products being created
- Pure automation testing
- Newest technologies in automation
- Global Financial Services company
- Experienced team
- In-depth look into the architecture of the apps
- Managing the products and which ones are effective and not effective and having the autonomy to create solutions
- Diverse role
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to it’s customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Have you answered yes to all the questions above? Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Test Performance Engineer? Do you like the idea of working for a company who is always using the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!