Software Development Engineer in Test/Automation Tester on a 12 month contract in Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with Junit and CI/CD experience to join them on a 12 month contract in Dublin, to do work closely with the software engineering team to build with quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary software engineering team to develop and run tests as well as analyse their output
- Independently develop and execute test plans
- Design and code test automation solutions for user journeys
- Raise process improvement opportunities, define and implement simple automation efforts and document automated testing solutions for others on the team
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by end user
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
- Work in an agile environment, attend daily stand up calls and give daily status reports and call out any issues or blockers that may delay release delivery.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Previous work experience in quality engineering.
- Good knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins and Maven
- Experience of writing test automation for both message processing and REST API applications.
- Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Databases, APIs (REST), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
Ideally you will also:
- Experience of writing test automation for UI based application using Selenium/ Protractor.
- Experience with software development frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe
Perks of the Job:
Modernising a legacy application
Have a blank slate to work with using modern technologies
Work with a diverse team of varying experiences
Opportunity to improve current processes in automation and continuous integration.
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to it’s customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Do you have all of the above? Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Software Engineer in Test? Do you like the idea of working for a company who always working with the latest technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!