Regression Test Engineer, 12 Month Contract, Dublin
Our financial services client is looking for a Regression Test Engineer with test automation and regression testing experience to join them on a contract for 12 months in Dublin, to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting Fraud.
As a Regression Test Engineer you will:
- This position will be responsible for delivering of Test Engineering services (Regression Testing, Code quality, Testing Services, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration) .
* Good understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
* Author automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation and API testing
* Regression / integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
* Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Development teams to resolve them
* Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by end user
* Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
* Track regression testing progress and defects via Rally
* Participate in the process to continually enhance best practices for quality assurance
* Interacts with technology staff including Test Engineers, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
* Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery teams.
* Work in an agile environment, attend daily stand up calls and give daily status reports and call out any issues or blockers that may delay release delivery.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strong Java coding experience
* Use of JUnit/Jbehave or Cucumber frameworks
* Experience in regression testing as releases move through the different environments.
* Experience in Testing Web services, Web UI, APIs
* Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover)
Ideally you will also:
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
* Good knowledge of Linux / Unix
* Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
* Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly
* Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies exploratory testing in an Agile environment
About the client
This global client although in the Financial Services industry is a leader in new technologies working with millions of customers worldwide they advance commerce on a global basis, delivering tremendous value as a franchisor, processor and advisor to it’s customers. They are also one of the top workplaces for information technology professionals.
Have you answered yes to all the questions above? Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Regression Test Engineer? Do you like the idea of working for a company who is fighting fraud with brand new technologies? Apply with us today as you could be our perfect match!