Electrical Infrastructure Engineer (Data Center Power & Space Design)
Based in London, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
As an Electrical Infrastructure Engineer, you will have 5-10 years of experience in critical infrastructure.
Initially on a 11-month contract, you will be responsible for the managing and support of one of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 18957
What will an Electrical Infrastructure Engineer do?
- Execute regional space & power, cabling and other infrastructure requirements in support of edge network requirements, present and future
- Work with Engineers and design and draw layout of edge/pop sites floor plans, allocate space assigned to network function, optical, backbone, IP, compute, etc.
- Execute all engineering design packages related to new or existing edge/pop sites as per ENS standards
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
- Understand the overall needs of current and future POP infrastructure
- Guide retrospective reviews of completed projects with teams to incorporate lessons learned into the team’s future roadmaps & goals
- Ensure processes are being followed and all documentation and systems are delivered as per set standards
- Involved in site acceptance process for new POP sites
- Travel to site across states for site survey and evaluation as per need basis
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 5-10 years of experience in critical infrastructure
- Experience in Telco/ Colo
- Knowledge of Telecom Central Offices, Data Center, Collocations and Remote Hut environments, to include engineering principles regarding power and other infrastructure
- Experience with communication and directing tasks to vendors/suppliers. Outstanding proficiency with AutoCAD/AutoDesk tools
- Knowledge of engineering principles of the infrastructure architecture (space line up, air flow, cooling etc.)
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +443303351710.