Network Support Specialist
Based in Dublin, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
They require a Network Support Specialist with 2+ years’ experience providing customer or enterprise monitoring and/or support in a technical (preferably telecommunications) environment, to join them on an 11 month contract.
Job Reference: BBBH 18910
What will a Network Support Specialist do?
- Perform product/network metrics monitoring and L1 support (First Level Analysis – FLA) for MOSE on call during office hours (Monday-Friday) and weekends. It includes Acknowledging the alerts, performing FLA, classifying the alert and escalating to right team as needed with a high level of accuracy and within committed SLA. Work closely with global Mobile Operator Support Engineering (MOSE) team and L1 contractors for day to day FLA on-call duties.
- Onboard new partners to the respective Partner Portal (MPP, AI, XPP..,)
- Handle non-technical / templated support request to / from partners (Example: Carrier, ISP, Actionable insights..,)
- Work closely with the vendor and internal teams for issues related to remote sim card testing solutions.
- Proactively reach out to Partners to ensure updated IP lists are applied correctly on the systems (Example: FB, WA, IG..,)
- Review and apply setting change requested by partners: (Example: Partner profile settings, MCC-MNC, Carrier IPs, ASN, MPP user configuration).
- Assist MOSE team on ad hoc request to support engineering projects, QA review, provide support for new product on boarding to MOSE team and so on..,
- Provide suggestions to improve support processes, L1 triaging flow and other workflows in MOSE team;
- Work with MOSE team to manage and maintain CMS content for powering FAQs and docs on the portal.
- Monitor team’s group mailboxes.
- Expected to provide weekend support during normal office hours, depending on Teams’ requirements.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 2+ years’ experience providing customer or enterprise monitoring and/or support in a technical (preferably telecommunications) environment
- Knowledge of Networking protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS,HTTP) and working experience with IPv4/IPv6 is a Must.
- Basic understanding of telecom concepts such as SMS, VPN, Mobile data, roaming scenarios and GPRS call flows will be an added advantage.
- Experience with SIGOS/ HeadSpin or any other remote testing platform platform will be an added advantage.
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040