Hardware Engineer (LED)
Based in Cork, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Hardware Engineer with 4+ years’ experience in electronics design and benchtop electronics test to join them on an 11-month contract. The successful candidate will help in developing the future of AR/VR displays, and play an important role in a multi-disciplinary team developing and introducing new LED display components, helping to build experiments and systems to characterize display component performance and reliability.
Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely.
Job Reference: BBBH 18813
What will a Hardware Engineer do?
- Design custom electronics to support characterization of LED displays, including schematic capture and PCB design.
- Incorporate custom electronics into experimental setups and interface with benchtop electronic and optical instruments.
- Write instrument control and data analysis scripts to generate useful outputs from experimental setups.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to capture requirements for display characterization and translate requirements into functional systems.
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 4+ years’ experience in electronics design and benchtop electronics test
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Electronics design, schematic capture, and PCB layout (preference to Cadence products – OrCAD Capture and Allegro)
- Microcontroller project development, including support circuitry and programming
- Python programming skills – experience with instrument control and data acquisition is mandatory
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.