continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Taxonomist with 3-10 years experience in building and shipping taxonomies (ideally related to commerce, products or advertising) to join them, initially on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will be self-directed, working in a cross-functional product team to help the team scope out taxonomy requirements, prioritize work, and then deliver against these requirements.
NOTE: Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely. To be eligible you must be resident in the UK and hold a valid work permit.
Job Reference: BBBH 18505
What will a Taxonomist do?
- Extend the client’s existing taxonomy to cover new areas of products and services. Work with the cross-functional product team to identify which areas to prioritize, then build out concepts and categories in these areas.
- Improve how this taxonomy is localized, collaborating with the cross-functional and taxonomy teams to understand and prioritise this work.
- Work with their existing taxonomy team to help create standards for how the taxonomy will be maintained and governed throughout its lifecycle.
- Develop and apply in-depth expertise for how their customers perceive and think about products, their classification and attributes in order to search for them. This may include researching and modelling concept or product categories and attribute nuances across different locales.
- Work closely with engineers to build machine learning and other classification models, prioritizing and managing projects and deliverables effectively while adapting to changing business
- Partner with PMs, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and beyond).
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- 3-10 years experience in building and shipping taxonomies (ideally related to commerce, products or advertising)
- 3+ years of information architecture experience
- Experience using taxonomy management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata
- Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +443303351710.