Our client a leading, international internet services provider is looking to hire a System Engineers to join their expanding team in Dublin.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team, and build your skills and grow your career in a rapidly expanding office.
This role will initially be on a 12-month contract with a view to extension or permanency.
Job Reference: BBBH 18296
Your role will involve:
- Support engineers working on deployment, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance, and efficiency of systems
- Administer, maintain, and automate systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability, and security
- Monitor and debug issues across applications, networks, databases, provide technical resolutions and root cause analysis for high severity incidents
- Work closely with Software R&D teams to design, deploy, and operate components/services that are automated, resilient, and scalable
- Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems
- Continuously improve System Engineering operations (e.g. automate routine tasks, document new procedures etc.).
- Set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability and scalability.
- Ad-hoc on-call support may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or less).
You must have as a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent experience related to Information Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Internet distributed Systems Engineer or SRE managing a SaaS / PaaS environment
- Deep experience managing Linux and/or databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience in network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
- Solid understanding of incident management, change management, and problem management
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Previous experience with software/application/platform testing would be a plus
- Previous experience working with content for apps would be a plus
- A very competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Superb Dublin City Centre location close to all amenities and transport.
- Laptop, mobile etc.
- Plus other usual benefits.
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn’t fully fit your criteria, not to worry – we have many similar roles advertised on our website – www.allenrec.com
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040.